1. Stop the reader from turning the page.
2. Sells a product’s benefits, rather than its features, people buy what the product does for them, not what it is comprised of.
3. Promotes the name of the store or brand, while visually creating an image for it.
4. Speaks to a specific group of people.
5. Provides all of the facts the reader needs, without providing too many.
6. Conveys the message simply. It’s believable and honest.
7. Is news.
8. Sells the product or service as the solution to the reader’s need. If people need transportation, they want Mercedes. If they need clothing, they want Polo.
9. Uses white space.
10. Creates a sense of urgency; demanding the reader do something quickly:
- Call Today!
- Before Time Runs Out!
- Your Last Chance to Save!
- Sale Ends Tomorrow!
- 3 Days Only!